Discipline begins with parental involvement. Parents are encouraged to follow the principles set forth in Matthew 18: 15-17:
- Take the concern directly to the teacher.
- Seek counsel of another individual and approach the teacher again.
- Bring the issue to the residing authority (Dean of Students or Administrator).
Generally, students should abide by these basic guidelines:
1. Immediate obedience – Students should respond positively to any instruction given by those in authority. Eph. 6:5-7
2. Honor for authority – Students are expected to give honor to all those in authority in both attitude and action. Rom. 13:1-2
3. Absolute honesty – Students should never lie, deceive, mislead, or fail to tell the truth. Rom. 13:13
4. Christ-like behavior – In all attitudes and actions, students should live according to Biblical principles and values. Eph. 2:10, 5:1
5. Complete dependability – Students should keep their word and accept the necessary responsibilities. Matt. 5:34-37
A complete list of unacceptable behaviors would be impractical, but certain unacceptable behaviors are listed below:
- Disrespect or insolence directed toward a teacher or any staff member at CCCS
- Talking without permission or interrupting the teacher or class
- Writing or passing notes
- Throwing objects indoors
- Chewing gum or eating in class
- Fighting, excessive noise, or disorderly conduct in restrooms, halls, lunchroom, playground, or classrooms
- Profanity, obscene gestures, immoral actions, or suggestive conversation
- Tampering with school or church equipment or property or destroying another’s property in any manner
- Leaving the school grounds without permission.
- Smoking, drinking alcoholic beverages, using illegal drugs, gambling, or any involvement in pornography or sexual immorality
- Use or possession of any of the following items on campus: skateboards, walkmans, radios, CD players, IPODS, beepers, cell phones, questionable literature or magazines unrelated to academic subjects, posters, weapons, pocket knives, or any articles that promote or advertise non-Christian music
- Any behavior deemed unacceptable by the school administrator